Tuesday, April 17, 2012

vintage modern hst top

 Over the weekend I was able to get some sewing done... and this beauty is what i produced.

                                I have it still hanging in this position in my hall, and every time I pass it brings a            smile to my face. 

have you seen the new vintage modern fabrics? 
here they are.

       I used a layer cake from the vintage modern collection, which pre-cuts are in our shoppe.  this collection has 40 fabrics, while the layer cake has 42 squares. so you can image how big this quilt top turned out. I'm talking queen size big, which was what I was planning on.

 I have to say that i am in love with this collection... it is so beautiful and each piece coordinates very nicely. I am totally digging the houndstooth prints which comes in 3 different colors.
                                                          so lovely.
I can't wait for the yardage to arrive, so I can finish this... its going to be a amazing.

p.s. a tutorial on making quick hst squares is coming soon!

3 comments:

CathyK said...

Oh I just love this quilt! What a beautiful line! Great job! Thanks for sharing.

Dayna at Driving Miss Daisy said...

I love the fabrics in this quilt..Very pretty!

sandyb said...

I love this quilt - it is so fun and the fabric is beautiful.

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...