Monday, March 7, 2011

Quick tip Monday-improve quilt layout board

I'm starting a new post today and every Monday which will feature easy tips, creative ideas and simple things to make our busy lives a little easier..It will be called "QUICK TIP MONDAY" I hope this post will help you get organized and make your week go a little smoother and productive..

Over the weekend I was working on one of my quilt kits, (soon to be available for purchase, in a boy crib size) from Cluck Cluck Sew and her quilt pattern Kaleidoscope. Found HERE I was all finished piecing and wanted to lay out my blocks, and since I wanted to get it going, I knew that my blocks wouldn't stay put with my 2.5 yr old running around... at this point I was seriously wishing I had one of those boards to lay your blocks out on (can't think of what it's named. if it has a legal name) so I improvised...

I had a thick interfacing that I had bought on bolt to use for some bags I'm planning on making and realized if I opened it up and draped it from my top shelf then my blocks would stick and be out of the hands from my little one.. this worked so well...

Your batting would work just as great. If you don't have tall shelves like I do, then use the top of your kitchen cabinets, (do it between meals, so your hubby won't get mad) or even drape it over your stairway or on top of high hutches or dressers.. Tons of great places to hang this and keep out of the hands of our kids. and even better FREE, portable and space saver...

Hope you enjoyed this great tip, go try it and let me know what you think!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...