Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pillowcases for Charity and tutorial


My church's service project for this month is to make kids pillowcase for a local children's hospital. So over the weekend I made 8 pillowcases and boy was it fun. I think they only wanted people to do 1 or 2 but I got carried away with all the new fabric I have gotten in recently.


Since I was making so many, I decide to also make a quick tutorial...So here it is...

Materials for standard pillowcase:

* 2 coordinating fabric pieces 1 for body of pillow and 1 for trim
* body fabric 26 inches by width of fabric
* trim fabric 10 inches by width of fabric
* Thread
* Sewing machine










I didn't cut off my selvage, but you can. Since we are using 1/2 in seems it covers it up well.









Turn right side out, Iron all around and.....



Now that you have this super easy and fast tutorial go out and make some pillowcases for your local charity!

happy sewing......

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Thank you so much for that easy peasy tutorial! I think I will make some!

Kassandra said...

That is great! I work at a Nursing and Rehab home, so this is also a great project for me to give to residents to make their rooms more homey.

Shirley said...

Love the Dr. Seuss pillow case! And I love even more that they are for charity :)

Quiltstory said...

Those are really cute! Isn't great how a pillowcase can be sooo cute with darling fabrics?? I love the AllStar2 one!

Unknown said...

I recently started sewing pillowcases for charity. (www.conkerrcancer.org) I love doing it. Actually bought some of my fabric from Poppy Seed Fabrics. You're right...can't stop at just one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...