Friday, April 15, 2011

"Around the block" Quilt top tutorial using Little folks voile


This is my first every log cabin style quilt top I have made, and I have to say it was so much fun and super easy. I followed the pattern out of Better Home and gardens, Quilts and More spring 2009 issue, which can also be found HERE for a easy download and print option. Which I totally recommend. This large log cabin is the entire quilt.

I made my quilt top out of 17 different prints from Anna Marie Horners Little Folks Voile collection. HERE I will be backing it with her Folksy flannels fabric (which I will also post once it's complete) as soon as the fabric arrives in stock.


Materials needed:

3.5 yds total assorted prints, or polka dots (like pattern shows)
1.5 yd binding
3 1/4 yds backing
58" square batting

Finished quilt 51.2 square

GREAT TIP When working with Little Folks voile: Once you cut up these prints, if the selvage is not attached it's hard to figure out which side is up, great way to make sure you got the right side up is to mark it with a straight pin. This will allow for no mistakes or un picking..




This is a great easy quilt for a new sewer, its so much fun and this large log cabin size makes the perfect baby blanket.

(linked to Quiltstory)

5 comments:

Elisa Black said...

Love your block and the fabrics/colors you selected. I will bookmark this for an easy project for the future-- thanks for sharing!

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

It looks just beautiful with those AMH fabrics!

CrafterBerly said...

I love how you used striped fabrics with this. Very cute!

Quiltstory said...

Super cute! I think I recognize those fabrics :) Thanks for linking up!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

That is a beautiful baby quilt.
~Kimberlee
www.TheSpunkyDiva.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...